Sunday, September 28, 2008

12 volt accessory port

I recently decided that I wanted to add a 12 volt accessory port to my 2002 e825 GEMcar that I recently acquired. The speedomter/odometer isn't accurate due to the past owners mods and I thought with GPS price dropping I could use an inexpensive one for an accurate speedometer and tripometer.

I also wanted a flat one that would fit in the glove box and if stole wouldn't be the biggest lost. Although the GPS has a battery I didn't want to have to worry about charging the battery elsewhere. I asked on the Yahoo NEV Group about finding a 12volt source on my 2002 GEM.

Rick, one of the most knowledgeable GEM guys out there said there may simply be a purple(+) & black(-) cable by the DC to DC converter board. And guess what there was. Different boards handle it different ways and I guess mine is one of the older ones

No comments: